£22000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 year ago
A vacancy has arisen for an organic/synthetic chemist in the Component Delivery Team.
This role will suit a candidate with a strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry, qualified in a chemistry based subject to BSc/MChem level
- Carry out the design and synthesis of novel compounds to meet internal customer needs.
- Analysis including spectroscopy and chromatography
- Interact effectively with colleagues within the Company, as well at third-party service providers
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of certain laboratory equipment
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Keep impeccable records of results in notebook and communicate results to supervisor
What skills will you gain from this role?
The candidate will develop expertise in a range of synthetic organic chemistry skills with opportunities to learn more about inorganic and polymeric chemistry.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to Company HSE and quality values
- Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet research targets and timelines
- Capable of overcoming obstacles through his / her own initiative and with minimal intervention from supervisor
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Able to interact and communicate proactively and harmoniously in the team
- Able and willing to take on wider responsibilities to enhance skill set
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, with general guidance from supervisor
- The capability to accurately manage analytical results and technical information, manipulate data and maintain comprehensive records
- Strong scientific background with experience of working in a laboratory is preferred