East London, London
over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a Package Manager (Fit Out) on a project at London City Airport. The project involves the extension of the existing airport facilities, including expansion of the terminal, additional aircraft stands, a parallel taxi way and associated developments.
- Responsible for the organisation and direction of construction and engineering personnel.
- Responsible for the coordination of activities relating to construction, contracts management, and engineering including liaison with the engineering group for terminal fit out works.
- Interprets design drawings and specifications. Supervises field verification of materials.
- Provides operational direction to construction engineers and superintendents in a wide range of construction engineering and design functions relating to multi-discipline engineering in an area.
- Acts as the client's representative for specified packages.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Technical knowledge of all phases of construction engineering relating to a single discipline interfacing with all areas, or in a multi-discipline position assigned to a single area.
- Has knowledge of construction activities as they relate to engineering disciplines, cost and scheduling, and contract administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Client Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Prior experience supervising and administering contractors using the NEC contract.
This knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A recognised degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialised courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Actual work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the technical knowledge described above.