Greater London, England
Up to £0.00 per hour + rates negotiable
about 2 years ago
We are looking for experienced SP3D Piping designers, based in NW London office. The role plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of design on a project. Knows applicable industry standards and codes, accepted design practices and quality standards for following areas: refining / petrochemicals, pharmacy / fine chemicals or any other process industry.
Reporting to the PD&P Engineering Group Supervisor (EGS), they will complete engineering design and specification for oil and gas mechanical handling equipment in accordance with relevant design criteria, codes and standards.
- This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models, SmartPlant3D, microstation, and construction drawings.
- Maintains up-to-date skills in design work and ensures that maximum use is made thereof.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- Aid with the preparation of Plant Design material take-offs.
- Prepare layouts, study drawings, detailed 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models and construction drawings using SmartPlant 3D.
- Undertake design of mining & mechanical handling equipment.
- Work with Designers and Engineers in the Plant Design and other project disciplines to coordinate overall design and technical requirements.
- Participate in team meetings and reviews.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline's design responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline.
- Knowledge of discipline Design Guides, mathematical formulae and design calculations used in the discipline.
- Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
- Knowledge of procedures used for the procurement and quantity control of bulk materials applicable to the discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in plant layout and piping design for oil & gas projects.
- Ability to develop intermediate piping layout in a 2D/3D CADD and SP3D environment.
- Experience in document management and database systems e.g Project Wise, Infoworks, Aconex etc.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to design.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
- Knowledge of national industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to mechanical / piping engineering would be a benefit but is not essential.