about 1 year ago
SHORT TERM ASSIGMENT - 3 to 6 MONTHS
Based at the Heathrow Western Hub project in London, UK, this role manages community consultation and engagement activity, as well as Local Authority consultation and engagement activity, for a pre-application and application phase of a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project. Builds relationships with stakeholders and communities through proactive and reactive engagement activity. Act as a trusted point of contact for communities affected by the project (including those directly affected by compulsory purchase. Act as a trusted point of contact for Local Authorities affected by the project and coordinates project team Local Authority engagement. Ensures compliance with regulations and requirements related to public consultation and engagement. Works with the project team to integrate engagement outcomes, and to design and develop proposals for mitigation, compensation, and community investment. Manages, tracks and evaluates data on engagement activity for inclusion in the Consultation Report.
The Heathrow West DCO project is currently seeking an experienced planning engineer. Key responsibilities include:
- Reviews design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete.
- Performs and/or coordinates, collects, verifies, and integrates the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishes the conceptual scope of schedule studies. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviews labor estimates for reasonableness.
- Establishes milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
- Reviews the performing organization's and unit's work logics and determines whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Reviews and evaluates schedule durations for all disciplines' activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervises/directs the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises schedule resource loading and leveling. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrates appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines. Identifies schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdiscipline or group restraints and interfaces.
- Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports the critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Performs project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
- Integrate schedule and establish interface between different workstreams / disciplines.
- Performs Schedule update and maintenance.
- Maintain and/or modify Critical Path post instructed/implemented change
- Forensic Analysis and Schedule Mitigation.
- Earned Value Management experience preferred for reporting as per the APM.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting the Schedule Impact Report. Responsible for the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Responsible for preparing what-if analysis when required and provide summary assessment report with advice on the path forward.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Bechtel (Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications).
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Experience in aviation infrastructure works such as piling and utilities construction.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
Bechtel is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where our colleagues feel valued, challenged, motivated and treated fairly. It is expected that you will actively promote and embed this culture in your work.
Health and safety is a core Bechtel value. We are relentless in keeping people safe from harm, and we provide a healthy work environment. It is expected that you will take personal responsibility for your own and others health, safety and wellbeing in your work.