3 months ago
6 Months with possible extension
Firmware Verification Engineer (Multiple Roles)
Initial 6 Months Contract
The Lead Firmware Verification Engineer will be working to analyse requirements, plan testing, and design stimuli to verify an electronic design for world-class Control & Protection system in VSC and LCC systems, working together with engineers based global locations. The role is accountable for business-critical development to meet product requirements and timelines for future commercial HVDC projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Study requirement specifications to understand verification requirements.
- Creating verification plans and reviewing these with designers.
- Development of verification matrices to ensure coverage of requirements.
- Writing the tests outlined in the test plan.
- Developing and applying assertions within an assertion-based verification strategy.
- Developing functional coverage (cover groups, cover points) to measure test effectiveness.
- Developing constraints to guide constrained random simulations.
- Reporting RTL bugs and supporting designers to resolve bugs.
- Code and functional coverage analysis and closure.
- Significant industrial experience in an FPGA/ASIC verification role.
- Professional use of Verilog is essential.
- Proficient in the use of System Verilog for verification.
- Experience with simulation tools, preferably Mentor Graphics ModelSim/Questa.
- Experience with UVM/VMM/OVM Frameworks.
- Continuous Integration experience, e.g., Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Experience in designing hardware for real-time control applications.
- Experience in FPGA design using VHDL or Verilog.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated great teammate, self-starter, results-oriented.
- Agile development practices (e.g., Scrum).
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python.
- Experience in version control, e.g., SVN, GIT.
- Bug tracking tools, e.g., JIRA.
- Power Electronics control system design.
- Knowledge of HVDC.