21 days ago
End Of Project - 2023
12 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for an Instrument Engineer, who will be required to work on a 12-month contract basis in Cumbria.
Instrument Engineer reporting to EC&I Manager.
- To support line management in the delivery of instrumentation and associated equipment within the Project.
- Deliver and verify instrument installation, including process pipework and compressed air distribution to end-user equipment.
- Verify instrument calibration ranges and install them in the correct locations to manufacturers' requirements.
- Generation of any, and all QA documentation as required by the QA function in both the JV and client Quality procedures.
- Contribute to change control by providing strong technical support to any estimating of additional works when requested.
- Identifying innovative and cost-effective strategies and solutions.
- Ensure design risks highlighted by the JV design teams are considered and agreed solutions implemented.
- Support the design function with any assurance requirements on the project.
- Support the purchasing function with any requisition issues on the project.
- Support the commissioning function with any issues that arise through the inspection and testing phase of the associated works.
- Identifying best practices, areas for improvement and areas of concern.
- Assist and implement any other requirements or duties as requested by line management.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- HNC, or equivalent, in Instrumentation measurement and control.
- Previous experience of managing similar works in a nuclear environment.
- Previous experience in managing the installation of environmental monitoring equipment.
Experience in the following Design Tools /Software:
- Microsoft Access.
- Bluebeam revue.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Navis Works.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Instrument Engineer’s looking for new employment.