about 1 month ago
Lead Commissioning Engineer EC&I
Our Client has a requirement for a Lead Commissioning Engineer EC&I, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Cumbria.
The project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable the conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Project.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
The Lead Commissioning Engineer reports to the Area Commissioning Team Leader. The Lead Commissioning Engineer will have Commissioning Engineers and Technicians reporting to them.
The Lead Commissioning Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensuring Safety is the highest priority of the project with a continued strive toward Zero Harm. They ensure that they are a role model for all aspects of safety, ensuring a proactive approach to nuclear, radiological, conventional and environmental safety
- Leading a team of commissioning Engineers and Technicians
- Leading all testing activities throughout all stages of commissioning
- Supervising the production of commissioning test documentation
- Supervising and organising of Commissioning Technicians and support resources
- Supervising the initiation and implementation of FOBs and TQs
- Liaising with the regulatory compliance representatives to ensure witnessing of commissioning activities is expedited
- Recording and management of Temporary Commissioning Aids
- Recording of supporting data in accordance with test requirements
- Ability to utilise completions management systems to manage commissioning activities, and handovers from construction to commissioning and commissioning to client
- Ability to schedule work and manage work against a project schedule
- Ability to take part in multi-discipline design reviews and work with the engineering team
- Actively drives continuous improvement within the commissioning process
- Actively drives progress to meet scheduled deadlines
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Time served or equivalent in an engineering discipline e.g. piping or electrical discipline
- Preference for HNC or equivalent or route to achieve the qualification
- 8 years of project commissioning experience
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Lead Commissioning Engineer EC&I’s looking for new employment.