Power & Nuclear - Principal Mechanical Engineer - Warrington
10 months ago
Principal Mechanical Engineer
12 Months Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Principal Mechanical Engineer, who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis in Warrington.
The Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable the conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Project.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Support the Mechanical Discipline Lead Engineer with assurance activities within detail design delivery including preparing for and chairing System Assist and Readiness Reviews, reviewing design packages prior to issue for review with the Employer, helping in assessing comments and ensuring the lessons learnt are fed back and used by the project’s engineers and designers.
- Extend and adopt a pragmatic approach across the Area Teams to the mechanical engineering detail design, standardisation of designs, consistency and quality in the deliverables and the extension into purchasing of the plant and equipment.
- Support Area Lead Engineers in mechanical delivery and vendor support to packages of work, liaise with the Construction and Commissioning teams to ensure correct installation and set to work.
- To provide advice and guidance to the Area Team’s Mechanical Lead Engineers on application and compliance with relevant legal requirements, standards, European and British Standards, non-European standards and project procedures.
- To coordinate the production of common discipline Technical Specifications across all areas and to liaise with the Intelligent Customer (IC) to ensure the design aligns with the project’s “Fit for Purpose” design philosophy and the ICs’ expectations.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Have 15yrs (preferable) demonstrable experience in delivering in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to working in the nuclear industry.
- Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver engineering.
- Ability to coordinate and carry out competency assessments of engineers and designers.
- A self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
- Experience in the checking and approval of engineering design deliverables, i.e. technical specifications and reports.
- Hold a minimum HND or equivalent.
- Ideally will hold a Degree and be a Chartered Engineer, or have 20 years of experience in the field.
- Competent with Microsoft Office software.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Principal Mechanical Engineer’s looking for new employment.