2 months ago
6 Months Contract
6 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Project Manager, who will be required to work on a 6 month contract basis in Glasgow.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, including the Process Operating Model.
- Manage external consultants (e.g. design) to enable delivery – driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project’s objectives.
- May manage or input into any post-completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels.
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery.
- Report periodically to Senior Management on project progress, risks and issues using robust reporting systems to meet the needs of the business.
- Manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency through:
- Appropriate use of leadership indicator health check reviews through the Bid, Pre-construction and Construction phases of the project.
- Ensuring rigorous monthly project improvement processes are in place.
- Thorough implementation of planning, risk, project controls and change controls.
- Implementation of Lean principles throughout the project to drive productivity, performance and safety.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in project management within the construction sector.
- The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Some experience in leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
- Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable.
- Experience in Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training is desirable.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Project Manager’s looking for new employment.
Talascend is a First Recruitment Group company.