20 days ago
12 Month Contract
Temporary Works Coordinator
12 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Temporary Works Coordinator, who will be required to work on a 12-month contract basis in Somerset.
To undertake the design coordination, management and delivery of all temporary works required on projects. This will span from the initial feasibility assessment, through detail design and installation to final removal, including where appropriate preparation of in-house temporary works design.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
The role of the TWC could be considered similar to that of a clerk of works, or inspector, rather than a resident engineer. The TWC should be an inspector checking that the certified design is implemented in accordance with the drawings or specifications prepared by the designer of the temporary works and, if differences, errors or omissions are found, these should be corrected or referred to the designer or designated individual.
- Support all design & construction activities within the Overhead Line and Cabling sectors.
- Develop and maintain proactive and positive relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Understand the importance of corporate governance and ensure consistent measures and standards are applied.
- Promote and encourage a culture that aligns with and actively supports the company's values.
- From guidance and lead the onsite control of all Temporary Works activities within the given Section.
- To support the conception, design, development, planning, delivery and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Temporary Works solutions.
- Access, protection and lifting scaffolding.
- Excavation support for tower foundations or cable trenches.
- Formwork & setting templates for reinforced concrete foundations.
- Piling & Cranage platforms.
- Access roads & traffic management.
- Catenary Support System (the in-house system used in place of scaffold).
- Backstays & temporary steelwork for tower support.
- Temporary overhead line diversions.
- Development of accurate design briefs in consultation with site and design teams.
- Creation and maintenance of schedules to track and control schemes’ temporary works.
- To identify competent designers, suppliers & operatives for installation of each type of temporary work, and to co-ordinate & supervise their work.
- Undertake simple (Cat 0/1) temporary works designs.
- Acting as a focal point for temporary works over multiple sites; supporting the Temporary Works Supervisors responsible for inspecting the erection, maintenance and dismantling of temporary works in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure business processes and systems for Temporary Works are implemented.
- Audit and competency assess projects & suppliers.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience preferably with a temporary works/civils/utility background, with a significant & wide range of temporary works construction experience, with a sound understanding of engineering principles.
- Awareness of the requirements of BS5975:2008 procedural control requirements.
- Excellent communications & team working skills.
- Sound health & safety knowledge relating to site and design activities.
- Good IT Skills.
- Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, minimum of an HNC/HND, preferably BEng.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Temporary Works Coordinator’s looking for new employment.