Power & Nuclear - UKCA Marking SME (Principle Engineer) - Warrington
10 months ago
UKCA Marking SME (Principle Engineer)
12 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a UKCA Marking SME (Principle Engineer), who will be required to work on a 12 month contract basis in Warrington.
The project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable the conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Project.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Support the Discipline Lead Engineers (DLE) with assurance activities to ensure the engineering is undertaken to the acceptable level of health, safety, environmental and security requirements as required by the relevant legislation, project engineering procedures and the acceptance of good engineering practice with regards to UK Conformity Assessed (UKCA) or Conformite Europeene (CE) Marking.
- Manage and coordinate UKCA/CE Marking activities in accordance with the project Programme requirements, working with the JV area project delivery teams and DLEs to ensure clarity of requirements and quality of delivery to achieve machinery and system certification.
- Assure an appropriate level of validation and verification of discipline delivery, through design and manufacture, to satisfy all legislative requirements and enable successful Conformity Assessment of machinery and systems according to the project UKCA Marking strategy.
- Support the production and review of key documentation provided by the JV area project delivery teams and suppliers in accordance with regulations to enable Conformity Assessment and certification by the Responsible Person.
- Liaise with the JV area project delivery teams and the Client Intelligent Customer (IC) to support a consistent and successful engineering delivery, whilst ensuring fit for purpose design in full compliance with legislative requirements to achieve a certified machine or system.
- To provide advice and guidance to the Area Team’s Lead Engineers on application and compliance with relevant legal requirements, Limited standards, European and British Standards, non-European standards and project procedures.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Hold a Degree and be a Chartered Engineer, or have 20 years of experience in the field.
- Have demonstrable experience in delivering in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to regulations that require CE Marking and associated EU Harmonised Standards and UKCA Marking and UK Designated Standards. Ideally with knowledge of Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations, Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations, Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations, Pressure Equipment Regulations, Construction Products Regulations, etc.
- An understanding of Conformity Assessment for complex Machinery and integrated Systems, both single and multi-discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver engineering.
- Ability to coordinate and carry out Conformity Assessment of machinery.
- A self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
- Experience in the checking and approval of engineering design deliverables relative to UKCA, i.e. DRA, EHSR, O&Ms, Technical Files.
- Competent with Microsoft Office software.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for UKCA Marking SMEs (Principle Engineers) looking for new employment.