over 1 year ago
Location: S053 4SE
Role Summary/Purpose Working as a part of GE's Renewables business, you will join an enthusiastic manufacturing team which has the responsibility of creating test coupons and process trials.
Wind turbine blades through our Blade Dynamics business. Specifically, within this team, you will work to manufacture test coupons, test beams and develop process trials. This role will see you taking part in GE Renewable's delivery of world-class components and renewable energy solutions.
- Resin Infusion, Hand layup and vacuum consolidation with Epoxy, Polyester and vinyl ester resin systems * Have a good knowledge for fibre directions, orientation and fibre alignment
- Manufacture and assemble composite components for test components including layup, installation, adhesive bonding, drilling and tapping
- Work from engineering drawings, work instructions and Standard operating procedures
- Efficiently use calibrated equipment and machinery as part of assembly processes and component manufacturing * Utilize various hand tools and other standard tools to complete work tasks
- Utilize the proper chemicals; must be able to understand safety data and shelf life information
- Accurately inspect the condition of incoming hardware and materials
- Follow all site EHS compliances
- Assure complete and accurate documentation / Photographs are recorded / taken when required
- Must have a strong work ethic, enjoy physically demanding work and be driven to get the job done with focus on quality, honesty and integrity
- Good written and spoken English
- Basic numerical skills
- Able to read technical drawings