10 months ago
CAD Drafter - Senior Level
Description: The Power Conversion Rotating Machines Rugby Engineering Team is responsible for the design and engineering of machines such as generators and motors and delivering optimised solutions in line with the requirements from the Verticals.
Reporting to the CAD Manager. To design, prepare and maintain all mechanical, electrical and electronic drawings for new products and improvements to existing designs. Also manufacturing information related to the detailed specifications of the company's products and associated equipment.
Apply focus to On-Time Delivery, First-Time Yield, and Lean Management and establish adherence to globally aligned processes.
* To design, engineer and produce layouts, detail drawings and specifications of new and cost reduction products and special product builds (often from minimum data). The work will be in line with Engineering practice and procedure, with the minimum of supervision for all aspects of the product, co-ordinating information at the appropriate level for successful completion of the project.
* To carry out engineering calculations on components to determine suitability and lifespan.
* To be responsible for checking most of their own work.
* To investigate and action change requests.
* To interpret and apply relevant national/international standards and requirement of the Quality Procedures Manual in accordance with ISO 9000.
* To be able to use the CAD equipment in an efficient manner, including specialist 3D layout and design layout software.
* To be fully conversant with the Engineering systems and procedures and assist in the development of new engineering systems.
* To be responsible for the creation of product structures in a suitable manner for entry to the Company computer system.
* To carry out any other task compatible with the nature of job as directed by the Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager/Drawing Office Manager
This is not an extensive list. The role will evolve to incorporate other tasks according to the businesses requirement.
* HNC or equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in technical engineering environment or time served apprenticeship
* Knowledge of rotating machines products, their engineering challenges and manufacturing processes.
* An understanding of scheduling and planning and its importance.
* Experienced in engineering design processes and tools preferred.
* Strong influencing / negotiating skills.
* Conversant with CreO 3D CAD modelling software.
* Computer literate in Microsoft Office 2010+ applications.
* Experience of BOM creation and BOM structures.
* Knowledge of Teamcenter PLM system is an advantage
* Flexible approach, willing to work extended hours and travel as and when required.
* Good communicator at all levels, formally and informally.
* Influencing skills working in a global matrix organisation.
* Motivating and influencing change agent, driven, self-starter who reacts well under pressure.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and fast moving environment.
* Structured in approach and well organised.