7 months ago
Role Summary :
* Sourcing specialist responsible for wing to wing span of the Sourcing / Procurement function for commodities including (but not limited to) Fabrications, Instrumentation, Machining, Forgings.
* Lead the execution of the local sourcing strategy; deliver a competitive advantage by driving the strategic supplier initiatives, selection, development, and consolidation to ensure optimal business performance.
* Execute across the purchase base, with full accountability for meeting deflation (savings), usage, cash and preferred supplier targets.
* Own the day-to-day execution of the transactional procurement process including approving a PO. Convert purchase requisitions into purchase orders and manage the purchase orders until closed (NCR's/Invoice Queries etc)
* Manage Engineering Changes on open orders within the supply chain.
* Manage the operational relationship with suppliers.
* Optimize inventory and process improvements.
* Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem-solving skills.