Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
My Client is looking for a Layout Engineer who has proven experience in substation layout engineering (2-3 years minimum). This role cover all of the more standard, mainstream project layout engineering activities associated with supplying a turnkey AC Substation installation which include producing layout drawings, civil works guide drawings, installation drawings, earthing drawings, and cable routing, as well as reviewing supplier general arrangement mechanical drawings and specification/evaluation of connectors and conductors.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Layout design.
- Prepare civil guide drawings.
- Prepare support structure guide drawings.
- Prepare earthing drawings.
- Prepare cable routing drawings.
- Prepare installation drawings.
- Mechanical review of equipment general arrangement drawings from suppliers.
- Mechanical specification, review, and evaluation of connectors and conductors.
- Support technical evaluation of suppliers proposal and documentation.
- Work within a Project Team and be accountable for their budget and delivery.
- Preserve and update all relevant drawings and write internal technical notes and informal documentation.
- Engineering for Utility customers
Understanding of structures and civil requirements will be advantageous. The applicant will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be a proficient user of Autodesk Revit and AutoCad. Knowledge of Navisworks would also be advantageous. The applicant will work well within a team, demonstrating good communication skills and fluency in English.