almost 2 years ago
Project Cost Controller
Oil and Gas Industry
The primary focus of this position will be to support the Southern Hub Area Rationalisation Project (SHARP). You will be responsible for the implementation of a robust cost control system on SHARP activities as well as providing project support through adequate costs analysis, and support of the contractual/procurement process. This role reports into the SHARP Project Manager.
This is a 23 month contract, based in Norwich, working Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce monthly Project cost reports and review/agree with management in line with Group timetable
- Maintain cost records (AFE, Commitments, Costs, Forecast, Phasing) in support of the above
- Prepare and submit monthly accruals to Financial Timetable Critical Review of costs and raising correction journals
- Check / challenge and sign off PR's (ad hoc raising of PR's), checking PO's where required
- Prepare monthly cash calls / cash flows to Financial Timetable
- Prepare ad hoc cost data for management - presentation as required
- Claims defence / counter claim / recharge preparation
- Engage with audit (internal / external) for validation / defence of costing methodology
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc
- Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
- Perform technical and commercial review of EPCI long time tenders (subcontractor's quotations) for the preparation of Service Agreements
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilise productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients
- Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA) / Projects Cost Control related training
- 3 - 5 years' experience in similar role
- Good working knowledge of SAP and expert user in Excel
- Able to analyse a cost report, detect issues, and effectively communicate the project's cost performance, issues/concerns and recovery plans to the project team
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful, fast worker with ability to work well under stress.
- Independent worker able to work well with minimal supervision.