US$65000 - US$160000 per annum + expat package
about 1 year ago
Project Cost Estimator
To deliver standard, consistent and realistic Class 3 cost estimate according to Chevron's Project Management System requirements to support project sanction.
* Translate the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the detailed estimate of
capital expenditure costs for design, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up of the facilities (Class 3). Estimate composed of detailed MTOs matched with detailed pricing and construction unit rates/hours. Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances.
* Develop cost estimating plan and ensure engineering and procurement deliverables are secured to complete cost estimate per plan.
* Represent the project's cost estimate during cost assurance and risk assessment engagements.
* Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
* Develop Estimate Basis to document how estimate was developed.
Experience and Qualifications
Engineering Degree and/or certification as a Cost Estimator or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 10 years industry experience in estimator positions. Excellent
analytical, oral and written communication skills Experience in managing small teams
of junior personnel.
* Fully versed with Cost Estimating principles, techniques and industry standard
Knowledge and Proficiency
* Advantage: extensive experience and effective application of Chevron's PM system, CSOC,
CPDEP, and PRC's Cost Engineering principles, processes, tools, practices, etc.
* In-depth knowledge of industry and professional cost engineering and/or Project
Services practices, trends, best practices, etc.
* Sought out for demonstrated ability to identify interdependencies which may lead to
Cost Engineering related errors in assumptions, standard, calculations, etc.
* Broader and deeper level of knowledge and experience in:
o Other functional areas of capital projects (e.g., Engineering, Construction)
o Complex engineering concepts and principles
o Cost estimating tools, practices & requirements for CPDEP phase 3 (Class 3)
Nature of Supervision
* Independence in all areas; works under broad management direction
* Motivates others to take action supporting the problem resolution, process
improvement, or change
* Experienced in handling interfaces between project and operations groups
* Initiates efforts to increase understanding between groups to assist in conflict
resolution and stakeholder alignment
* Works to achieve resolution of conflicts between groups