Project Engineer (Track): Birmingham
about 2 years ago
To manage design and construction activities for Track Engineering Projects As the Project Engineer, you will be a part of the Track Project Engineering Management team. Involved across a wide range of track projects varying from minor refurbishment works to major track renewals, you will lead the design and construction integration of track projects with other railway engineering disciplines by facilitating Interdisciplinary Design Reviews incorporating Safety-by-Design into our works.
As an experienced Track Engineer coming from a background of either renewals, enhancements, maintenance or design, you will be key in arranging and implementing Engineering assurance by monitoring Engineering compliance throughout the projects lifecycle and providing mentorship to the Works Delivery [Track] teams.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists' personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
- Successful relevant experience in building engineering, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment, engineering management competency.