Up to £0.00 per day
over 1 year ago
The role provides ES&H support to a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project under the direction of the Project Manager. Works with the Delivery team, and contractors/consultants to develop, integrate and implement all aspects of project-related Environmental, Safety, and Health (ES&H) (including medical and industrial hygiene), processes, plans, procedures, systems, methods and policies are effectively integrated into the DCO submission.
Essential job duties:
- Provide ESH support and guidance to the project team.
- Assist the Project Leadership Team in developing the safety culture and leadership behaviour as part of the Bechtel Zero Accident philosophy.
- Develop and supervises the implementation of the ES&H plan for the project.
- Interpret applicable ES&H standards and supervises their integration into projects and facilities processes and procedures.
- Inform project team of ES&H requirements and ensures they are incorporated into processes and procedures by subcontracts, engineering, and construction personnel.
- Provide technical support to feasibility studies, site assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
- Review and comments on project execution plans, and other proposals/project deliverables.
- Ensure client are complying with the contractual ESH requirements of the Contract Scope.
- Participate in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise of project-specific ES&H requirements.
- Assure compliance with Bechtel's ISO certification (18001, 14001) and all other applicable UK regulations and standards.
- Conduct ES&H assurance monitoring of activities.
- Support audits for quality assurance, internal technical reviews, and client reviews as required.
- Coordinate and participate in functional assessments of projects.
- Review incident data and ascertain the need to report into database (IRIS) and to escalate as per procedures.
- Stops work in dangerous situations or conditions having imminent adverse ES&H impact. Stipulates acceptable work practices that are to be implemented before the work can be resumed.
- Supervise and conduct project accident investigations; documents factors contributing to an incident and prepares required reports.
- Implement project ES&H orientation and training of project personnel, and maintain a project ES&H training register for personnel in professional or discipline-specific skills, techniques, and procedures.
- Ensures environmental compliance inspections of project construction activities are conducted to monitor compliance with environmental requirements including contractual commitments, permits.
- Consult with occupational health lead in developing health and wellbeing program, including a Drug and Alcohol testing regime.
- Compile information, analyse and prepare reports, as required to support performance monitoring and process improvement activities.
- Execute other ES&H duties as assigned by GBU ES&H management.
- A qualification in general or construction Health & Safety such as NEBOSH Certificate or Grad IOSH or member of a relevant professional body.
- Recent experience of implementing ES&H program and requirements in major projects.
- Proven experienced in managing and/or providing technical oversight of ES&H contractors/subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in supporting projects/organisations to meet the Client, designer and CDM coordinators duties under the CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of construction environmental issues, e.g., hazardous materials, waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques.
- Knowledge of ES&H, whole project life cycle and its implementation on large aviation infrastructure projects and in particular developing and implementing assurance processes.
- Knowledge of national and international ES&H laws/regulations and regulatory/resource agencies permitting processes and responsibilities, industry standards for ES&H compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential ES&H impacts during project execution.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency using standard office automation tools, including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and incident reporting software.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined integrated management team.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills both verbal and written.