Up to £0.00 per day
about 2 years ago
- Responsible for QA activities on a small/medium project (task oriented or focused limited EPC activities; scope not complex, usually single main customer interface) as the counterpart to the Project Quality Manager or Senior Quality Mgr. in either a permanent/project office, a construction/plant site office or on a minor task-oriented project. Implements the QA program/plan for a project at an assigned. Ensures timely and effective implementation of a project quality assurance program/plan as directed by the Project Quality Mgr. or Senior Quality Mgr. Reviews and reports on the impact of new or revised regulatory requirements on the project QA program/plan. Prepares QA procedures for review, approval and issuance in accordance with approved procedures. Prepares revisions/amendments for the project QA program/plan for review, approval and issuance.
- Directs the implementation of the project monitoring/auditing program at the assigned construction or plant site or project/permanent office location. Prepares quality assurance audit checklists and participates in audits. Provides recommendations to project personnel to correct quality deficiencies. Identifies and reports conditions that require corrective action by management and follows up to ensure completion.
- Represents the project during audits by management, the client and regulatory agencies as requested by the Project Quality Mgr. or Senior Quality Mgr. Follows up on actions taken in response to audit findings to ensure adequate close out. Initiates stop work when authorized.
- Reviews quality related procedures and manuals developed by other departments, suppliers and subcontractors for conformance to project QA program/plan requirements. Performs supplier/subcontractor qualification surveys, reviews requests for proposals, evaluates bid documents, reviews supplier/subcontractor quality programs, performs source inspections, surveillance and quality audits. Reviews selected project procurement documents to ensure the inclusion of applicable quality requirements. Reviews project system documentation packages for completion prior to system turnover to the client. Monitors adherence to the established project QA budget as directed.
- Assigns work to and supervises the activities of assigned Quality personnel (quality engineering personnel and technical specialists). Initiates performance evaluations of assigned Quality personnel. Provides on-the-job training for assigned Quality personnel.
- A recognized degree in a job-related engineering or scientific discipline or specialized courses in engineering, quality, personnel administration or a specialized discipline, and practical work experience in fields of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, business administration or work experience as a Quality Engineer or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning practices enough to comprehend specified engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the quality assurance principles and their application to engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning. Knowledge of the application of corrective actions to resolve nonconforming conditions. Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions which impact the QA program/plan.
- Proficiency in providing direction and on the job training to assigned personnel. Proficiency in the use of a PC computer and Microsoft software. Proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Develop the project Quality Plan to support a" lean" approach by leveraging the design consultants' in-house processes and tailoring it to the project and client requirements. The plan needs to build quality into the project's processes such that full-time quality personnel are not required.
- Demonstrate the advantages of the proposed quality program, tools, and processes and identify the risks of not using the Quality Plan as developed
- Build quality into the project's processes being developed by the other functions based on the Quality Plan
- Develop the project leading and lagging metrics
- Implement the Quality Plan on project and monitor its effectiveness