Up to £0.00 per annum
about 3 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To support the Sector Quality Manager in implementing all aspects of Client's Quality Management System through design, construction, testing, commissioning and handover.
- Monitor and oversee Contractor performance and compliance with the Works Information in relation to quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Work collaboratively to drive improvements to enhance performance and reduce cost of poor quality.
- Ensure the Contractor is compliant with the Works Information in relation to quality control and quality assurance activities and they implement and maintain a Quality Management System in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Ensure the Client's Management System (CMS) aligns with the Works Information and is followed by the Client's Delivery Team whilst ensuring any risks and opportunities are identified and reported to the Client's Central Quality Team to drive improvements.
- Monitoring and analysis of Contractor's Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to enable the achievement of quality objectives and targets as defined within their Contract Quality Plan.
- Assist the Client's Delivery Team, Central Quality Team and Contractor in the development and effective implementation of contract specific KPIs.
- Analysis of nonconformities, Client's Observations, audit and surveillance findings for systemwide Contractors.
- Support the Contractor in capturing any SMART actions identified within their quality improvement plans to drive improvements.
- Work collaboratively with the Contractor to develop initiatives to ensure a "right first time" ethos and to reduce the cost of poor quality and promote the sharing of best practice.
- Drive the Contractor to ensure effective Root Cause Analysis is undertaken for CAT 1/safety related/ recurring CAT 2 nonconformities whilst ensuring all relevant stakeholders are involved in their resolution.
- Observe and participate in Contractor led audits and surveillance activities to ensure they are carried out effectively and in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Ensure Client's Observations are undertaken effectively, meeting defined targets and involve all relevant stakeholders e.g. CEG and Infrastructure Managers.
- Ensure the Client's Delivery Team's review and effective implementation of ITPs, sub-contractor/supplier quality plans, quality system procedures, test plans, quality improvement plans.
- Ensure that the Contractor and Client's Delivery Team effectively manage the closeout of NCRs, CARs and Client Observations.
- Work collaboratively with the contractor to drive the closure of Completion Readiness Assessment Framework (CRAF) findings and ensure appropriate preparations are in place for future CRAF assessments to enable a seamless handover to the Infrastructure Managers (IMs) via the Employer's Completion Process (ECP).
- Produce periodic quality reports to provide visibility of Contractor and Client's Delivery Team Quality performance.
- Support the periodic Quality Focus Meeting (QFM) process to ensure any quality issues are captured and actions are progressed.
- Support the Contractor and Client's Delivery Team's review in the timely compilation and "right first time" submission of certification packages to support the ongoing assurance of the works.
- Support the Client's Supervisor's Representative to ensure any quality concerns are communicated formally to the Contractor and they are tracked to resolution.
- Develop and present quality training to the Client's Delivery Team and Contractor staff where applicable.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Monitoring and providing evidence that the Contractors' and Client's Quality Management Systems are implemented, meet the requirements of the Works Information and support self-certification.
- Operating on a multi contract level and prioritising activities appropriate to the associated risks.
- Appropriate technical qualification and/or proven quality management experience working for an organisation in a major multi-discipline infrastructure project in a self-certifying environment.
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute & Chartered Quality Professional (MCQI CQP, or working towards)
- ISO 9001 lead auditor desirable
- Root Cause Analysis training desirable
- Proven experience in the implementation of the Inspection and Test Plan process.
- Experience of the application of QA/QC working for a contracting organisation in a management role on projects involving the installation of rail systems/infrastructure.
- Strong ability, knowledge and experience to enforce the implementation of the Works Information requirements.