about 1 month ago
Our Client has a requirement for a Site Engineer, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Bridgewater.
To assist the Section Engineers and construction shift teams with the following:
- Managing safety issues on shift including briefings and toolbox talks.
- Supervise the Secondary Lining shift works.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of quality control with the Tunnels.
As a Site Engineer, you will:
- Report on the programme on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for the construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
- Communicate with foreman and gangers to ensure full understanding of the information provided.
- Complete inspection and test plans as required by the Project Management Plan/Specification, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Actively participate in the identification of Environmental hazards and implement site control and preventative measures.
- Have the ability to use software to produce sketches, update drawings or produce as-built 3D models/drawings.
- Have the ability to verify dimensions and coordinates against 3D models/drawings to ensure the setting out is correct on-site.
- Support trainee engineers in their career development.
- Ensure that any outstanding snagging/defect correction work is notified.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Site Engineer’s looking for new employment.
Talascend is a First Recruitment Group company.