Rail & Civil Infrastructure - Structural Examiner – STE2 - London
about 1 year ago
3-6 Months with the possibility of extension
Structural Examiner – STE2
3-6 Month Contact
Our Client has a requirement for a Structural Examiner, who will be required to work on a contract basis in Location.
The review of structures examination reports, ensuring they are compiled and submitted in accordance with standards and raising recommendations for action to safely and sustainably manage the assets.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Assessing risks of structural defects to inform prioritised actions in accordance with standards and asset management policy.
- Undertake site examinations, within your own sphere of competence, for non-routine structures and tunnels.
- Undertake site checks/audits to ensure examination report quality and compliance.
- Undertake designated specialist responsibilities e.g. Large and Unique Structures examinations, tenanted arches, additional exams on sensitive structures, coastal defence exams, underwater exams, annual competence reviews etc.
- Support the training and development of engineers and inspectors in the examination process.
- Provide engineering support and participate in investigations of incidents relating to structures.
- Support the review and development of national standards relating to structures Asset Management.
- Liaise with the other structures teams to develop and disseminate asset knowledge, consistent best practice and in the review and development of functional policy and standards.
- Support initiatives to develop the buildings & civils strategic direction and input to the CP6 bid process in the route and support negotiations with regulatory bodies.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree or HNC/HND in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Substantial experience in railway civil engineering, with proven abilities in structures management, maintenance and inspection.
- Sound knowledge of railway structures engineering policies and standards.
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office applications.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients at all levels & meet challenging deadlines.
- Proven abilities in structures assessment, design and construction.
- Holder of Network Rail competency STE2 - 'Review results of structures examinations and recommend actions where necessary in accordance with NR/SP/CTM/017.
- BCMI certification (NR approved course).
- Have undertaken detailed examinations/inspections of bridges, structures and tunnels in a rail context.
- Personal Track Safety (PTS) qualification
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Structural Examiners looking for new employment.