Birmingham, West Midlands
£22300 - £27900 per annum + + Benefits
8 months ago
At Talascend International we are currently recruiting an Asset Data Technician for a market leader in the rail industry.
Reporting to the Asset Information Systems Manager, this role will undertake
maintenance and day to day running of the Asset Information Management System
(AIMS), supporting the company in the form of asset information data management and all
related activities. The role requires strong asset information skills across many
disciplines for design, construction and operations and maintenance.
The post holder will be working within the Digital Engineering team supporting delivery
functions and interfacing with suppliers. The role will have a focus on asset information
data management such as data production, content publishing, and compliance of data
quality & assurance processes.
* Data specialism in asset information management.
* Data content and production management.
* Data quality and assurance techniques, processes and analysis.
* Stakeholder engagement.
* Critical thinking and analysis.
* Knowledge of asset data and ontologies
* Knowledge of BIM Processes as outlined in ISO19650 and related industry standards
* Knowledge of Automation (Scripts and processes)
* Knowledge of Information governance
* Awareness of Linear Assets and end state Asset Management
* Awareness of Data Integration, Analytics and Visualisation
* Awareness of Data Specialism: CAD data management
* Awareness of data specialism: Geospatial data management
Type of experience:
* Data management, and data quality & assurance experience throughout the entire project lifecycle.
* Experience of working with open formats to enable data interoperability and encourage a software agnostic approach.
* Experience of Rail Infrastructure Asset Information
* Experience of working within set standards, processes and systems but with an expectation to contribute to decision making on process improvement.
* Rail system knowledge desirable but not essential.