3 months ago
Experienced Asset Engineer required to work on HVDC interconnector between Great Britain and France which is scheduled to be commissioned at the end of 2019.
to assist the Operations and Maintenance Manager in establishing and overseeing day-to-day on-site operations and asset management activities for the following primary components of physical infrastructure:
- an HVDC converter station in the vicinity of Folkestone, UK;
- an HVDC converter station in the vicinity of Calais, France;
- a 51 km direct current cable system in the Channel Tunnel; and
- a c. 15 km underground alternating current cable system between Folkestone and Sellindge, UK.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Commercial and Regulation team, responsible for operating, commercialising and optimising the asset and ensuring ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role at an interconnector, windfarm, transmission system operator or power generator
- Good knowledge of operational and maintenance requirements for HVDC interconnectors
- Good understanding of the link between technical and commercial performance and the benefit / impact of revenue
- Experience in managing Contractors
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in mechanical or electrical engineering or other relevant qualification and/or work experience
Skills and Competencies
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and a strong focus on getting things right in the first place;
- Ability to work under pressure in a continually growing environment;
- Proactive and results orientated;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Good presentation skills;
- Uphold the reputation of the Company at all times;
- Collaborative team player with the ability to share expertise across the organisation;
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French would be advantageous, but not essential;
Frequent travel will be required between London, Folkestone and Calais (France).