Birmingham, West Midlands
£380 - £427 per day + Inside IR35
about 1 year ago
Asset Engineer required in Birmingham on an initial 6-month contract, working for our client who are a leading Rail Organisation your role will be to determine renewal requirements and develop allocated engineering renewal and enhancement requirements. Additionally, responsible for producing specifications and acceptance criteria for engineering works to achieve the required scope and quality in accordance with company engineering policies.
- Inspect and prioritise renewal proposals for inclusion in the engineering work bank
- Provide support to the production and prioritisation of the national business plan.
- Develop allocated renewal and enhancement schemes to meet goals prior to handover to delivery. Following handover, support the development and implementation of projects to confirm the renewal requirements are sufficient, correctly interpreted and any changes agreed. Check that completed schemes are appropriately assessed to determine they meet the project remit
- Specify acceptance criteria for engineering works including design approval, acceptance of equipment and hand back to maintenance as appropriate. Audit acceptance processes are being discharged appropriately.
- Work with members of the other asset managemen? t teams to review renewal and enhancement proposals to optimise engineering activity across the railway infrastructure system and identify critical technical problems.
- Identify issues of national significance and elevate to the national team.
- Check that accurate and comprehensive records relating to the existence, configuration and modification history of engineering assets are maintained and that they accurately reflect their current 'as built' status.
- Participate in investigations of incidents relating to renewals where required.
- Carry out Engineering verification activities in support of the national programme.
- Carry out asset condition inspections that will inform the asset condition database and the renewals workbank.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
- Significant engineering experience, particularly related to renewals and enhancements
- Holds relevant professional licences and technical qualifications, or capable of achieving within reasonable timescales
- Knowledge of policy and standards relating to engineering
- Holds valid UK driving licence, or eligible and willing to obtain
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
- Knowledge of investment processes and procedures, including relevant computer systems
- Knowledge of project management techniques