Manchester, Greater Manchester
£305 - £345 per day + Inside IR35
27 days ago
We currently require 2 x Asset Protection Interface Managers to oversee the safe and seamless integration of externally funded projects into the railway environment, whilst minimising impacts on railway operations and operational infrastructure. In this role you will be required to call upon your knowledge and understanding of risks to facilitate solutions whilst meeting all stakeholder requirements.
- Develop and deliver solutions for externally funded, high value, politically sensitive and multi-disciplinary projects (Levels of Control 2, 3 & 4) and where mandated, assure delivery in accordance with the GRIP/PACE lifecycle. Manage the seamless integration of all project risks affecting the operational railway.
- Engage with and manage the interface with internal stakeholders to enable compliance with governance and assurance processes. Facilitate compliance against the Railways Act and Network Licence and oversee the completion of deliverables.
- Interrogate the Client remit and programme and provide clarity of operational railway interface requirements, devising solutions to enable early and accurate decision making by the Client.
- Liaise with Construction Design Management (CDM) Client and other duty holders to establish principles for project compliance with the CDM Regulations.
- Support with projects to secure and allocate resource and assure that delivery of projects is in compliance with processes and procedures. Assist in communicating progress against defined milestones and expectations, supporting implementation of contingency measures where necessary.
- Assist in facilitating agreement between all parties to identify which organisation acts as proposer for infrastructure changes in accordance with the Common Safety Method - Risk Assessment Regulations. Monitor and analyse all aspects of risk and performance over the project lifecycle.
- Review lessons learned and develop mitigation strategies with stakeholders to refine project proposals to facilitate successful delivery.
- Build effective relationships with all stakeholders, manage expectations, champion project interests.
- Identify and progress opportunities to reduce asset and maintenance liabilities, resolving conflicting works and driving efficiencies.
- Assist in facilitating full recovery of costs in accordance with the Legal Agreement between the external parties.
- Provide support to accident, incident & close call events
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Membership (or working towards membership) Association for Project Management
- Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the operational railway and railway infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of projects in the rail environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Team player able to quickly build relationships and share knowledge acquired
- Demonstrable ability to constructively challenge the ideas of others with good evaluation and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of project commercial requirements & programme controls
- Knowledge of health, safety & environmental requirements and legislation including CDM Regulations and CSM-RA
- Knowledge and experience of project budget management.
- Knowledge of GRIP/PACE.
- Knowledge of investment, commercial and procurement practices.
- Previous experience working within Asset Protection
- Understanding of rail infrastructure maintenance techniques
- Knowledge of rail possessions/ isolations