about 2 years ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To assist with the mobilisation activities for the team that will maintain the Elizabeth line infrastructure, including monitoring and progressing readiness actions, providing clear and accurate status reports and providing general support to the Maintenance Mobilisation & Transition Manager.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Monitor and report progress of mobilisation plans for the Maintenance team in support of the opening of the Client network, developing alternatives and work-arounds where required to maintain the project programme.
Monitor the programmes and progress of suppliers, including analysis and interpretation of schedule requirements, verification of supplier progress and assessment of performance making recommendations for changes to achieve delivery.
Provide support to the Maintenance Mobilisation & Transition Manager in emerging and related mobilisation areas as required.
Develop and produce routine and ad-hoc progress and performance reports / dashboards and visual management updates including safety, schedule, cost, quality and related data for internal and external presentation and review.
Implement risk and issue management through the identification, mitigation and maintenance of project risks and opportunities including upkeep of related registers.
Monitor costs and expenditure, including allocation of budgets, verification of supplier payment applications, change assessment and control.
Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships through management of and participation in meetings, workshops, technical and progress reviews as appropriate.
Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working.
Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
- To work successfully between various Client's and main functions in order to maintain accurate and complete mobilisation project programmes.
- To provide clear and robust information and advice, being prepared to challenge individuals in a constructive manner and pursue sources of information in order to progress works to schedule.
- To communicate and report progress in a concise, timely and accurate manner, keeping senior management well informed.
- To maintain a high level of flexibility when dealing with changing requirements.
- To carefully manage different teams and stakeholders and appropriately handle information of various sensitivities.
- To identify issues and offer solutions that may be practically implemented for Client's particular maintenance requirements.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Key interfaces include:
- Client maintenance Mobilisation & Transition Manager
o Client Business Manager
o Client departmental Managers
o Client procurement personnel, procedures and systems
5. Person Specification
- Knowledge of / proven success in project management or mobilisation activity.
- Good project management ability including knowledge of schedule management, risk / issue management, budgetary control, approvals & acceptance, quality, safety matters, programme, Dashboards, meeting minutes, reports, risk / issue management, approvals & acceptance processes,
- Membership of a professional engineering, project management or railway operating institution.
- Awareness of safety regime within railway industry, railway operations, engineering and manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written), at all levels.
- A self-starter, able to operate with limited supervision.
- Strong influencing skills and an effective team player.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and deal with competing interests in an inclusive and pragmatic manner.
- Strong delivery ethic, with excellent programme awareness and a commitment for successful delivery to schedule.
- Ability to give pragmatic and timely technical support advice to internal and external parties.