11 months ago
To safely and seamlessly integrate externally funded projects into the railway environment, whilst minimising impacts on railway operations and operational infrastructure. Leverage knowledge and understanding of rail related risks and constraints to facilitate solutions that align with the external client objectives whilst meeting all stakeholder requirements. To provide guidance to the external client team to support adherence to relevant Network Rail and rail industry standards and processes.
Isolations and full life cycle of GRIP
Knowledge of asset protection
1. Develop and deliver solutions for externally funded, high value, politically sensitive and multi-disciplinary projects (Levels of Control 2, 3 & 4) and where mandated, assure delivery in accordance with the GRIP lifecycle. Manage the seamless integration of all project risks affecting the operational railway.
2. Engage with and manage the interface with internal stakeholders to enable compliance with Network Rail governance and assurance processes. Facilitate compliance against the Railways Act and Network Licence and oversee the completion of deliverables.
3. Interrogate the Client remit and programme and provide clarity of operational railway interface requirements, devising solutions to enable early and accurate decision making by the Client.
4. Liaise with Construction Design Management (CDM) Client and other duty holders to establish principles for project compliance with the CDM Regulations.
5. Support the Network Rail interface with projects to secure and allocate resource and assure that delivery of projects is in compliance with Network Rail processes and procedures. Assist in communicating progress against defined milestones and expectations, supporting implementation of contingency measures where necessary.
6. Assist in facilitating agreement between all parties to identify which organisation acts as proposer for infrastructure changes in accordance with the Common Safety Method - Risk Assessment Regulations. Monitor and analyse all aspects of risk and performance over the project lifecycle.
7. Review lessons learned and develop mitigation strategies with stakeholders to refine project proposals to facilitate successful delivery.
8. Build effective relationships with all stakeholders, manage expectations, champion project interests.
9. Identify and progress opportunities to reduce Network Rail asset and maintenance liabilities, resolving conflicting works and driving efficiencies.
10. Assist in facilitating full recovery of costs in accordance with the Legal Agreement between the external party and the business.
11. Provide support to accident, incident & close call events, sharing outputs with client teams