West London, London
about 2 years ago
There is a requirement for an Assistant Site Manager (Nights) to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis on Bond Street Station.
* * * This role is part of a shift-pattern which will include Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays, you must be able to work nights which are 9:00pm - 6:00am * * *
- To support the Employer in relation to the monitoring of jobsite activities by contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers, the coordination of interfaces; and the overseeing of progress and productivity of the works.
- Supporting the Project Construction Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Overseeing construction activities of construction contracts within the area of responsibility at each geographic location or system-based area.
- Monitoring the contractor's management of direct hire and subcontract relations, and utility/rail interfaces on site.
- Supporting interfaces between the assigned principle contractor and other adjacent or follow-on Crossrail contracts on site.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
- Providing reports of daily activity; keeping the Site Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Supporting the Site Manager in coordinating with key stakeholders' contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractor's activity in community relations.
- Monitoring the Work Programme and liaising with the contractor to seek notice of activities and interventions.
- Monitoring the contractor's compliance with their Commitments Compliance Plan.
- Monitoring contractor's mobilisation and logistics.
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring Contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and Snag List items at contract level.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/