E. London, London, England
about 1 month ago
There is a requirement for an Assistant Supervisor's Representative to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis of alternatively FTC for at least 9-months based in Whitechapel, East London.
** PLEASE NOTE: if you have the skills & experience required for this role and they aren't written on your CV, it makes it difficult to identify you as a suitable candidate. **
- To support the Employer with regards to reporting and reporting processes driven from within the Technical and Delivery functions, including collating and understanding information received from the Contractor and Central functions to provide status updates. Support the Supervisor's Representative in overseeing technical and quality aspects of construction activities within area of responsibility, supported by site teams at each contract, geographic location or for a system.
- Assisting the Supervisor's Representative in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC where agreed with the Employer.
- Collate reporting data from various systems and sources, understanding that data and presenting it in a clear and easily accessible manner.
- Own and update report templates as required and manage the configuration of documents, in line with any changes to the reporting framework and reporting cycle that may be made from time to time.
- Undertake quality review of regular reports, including status reports submitted to the Head of Quality, Handover Manager and Manager of Engineering.
- Monitoring the contractor's compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Monitoring the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance with the Works Information Part 20 "Quality Requirements", Part 13 "Records to be Provided" and elements of Part 14 "Management and Administration of the Works".
- Assisting the Site Manager and Supervisor's Representative with the authorisation of payment certificates. Providing input to the Business Manager on costs to be disallowed related to quality issues and NCRs.
- Providing input to the NCR and Snag List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Technical Director's discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience.
- Some experience of engineering and/or construction on major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- This might suit a graduate with 2-3 years' experience (rail not essential)
For further Rail & Infrastructure updates, please connect with me on LinkedIn 'Rosie Wilkinson': https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosie-wilkinson/