Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
over 3 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To manage, on behalf of RFLI, the Assurance Management process for assets and the systems being delivered. To be achieved in accordance with the prevailing Technical Assurance Plan and reporting to the Handover Manager.
- Accountable for the development and management of the RFLI Assurance regime to provide a governance framework for the effective management and acceptance of assurance evidence from CRL to ensure achievement of key Crossrail stage milestones.
- To provide the technical assurance framework for all parts of the RFLI team, Engineering, Maintenance, Operations and Safety, ensuring that technical assurance standards are being applied throughout the project lifecycle.
- To collaborate with the LU equivalent post holder to ensure consistency of approach to Acceptance and Assurance and, wherever practical, share workstreams.
- Manage the interfaces across all RFLI departments and MTRC in respect to Assurance to ensure a consistent and joined up approach in line with the Technical Assurance Plan.
- Ensure that appropriate structures and processes are in place to enable efficient, progressive and managed delivery of Assurance to support the handover of all elements across the programme.
- Responsible for managing the weekly reporting of key assurance activates, including the completion of RFLI VAP activities, the closure of RFLI issues raised through VAP activities, progressive acceptance and loading of Handover Master Deliverables from CRL, for reporting to senior management regarding Assurance status
- Required to use initiative and good judgement when responding to emerging situations deciding and agreeing appropriate actions with engineering management.
Main challenges of the job
- To Manage the Assurance Process on behalf of RFLI and ensure Issues are escalated and resolved satisfactorily
- To work successfully between various disciplines and teams to develop an accurate and complete handover programme.
- To work in a dynamic environment to develop and execute Assurance Management Processes that support and enable the successfully delivery of the Programme Delivery Schedule.
- To successfully deliver the Assurance required to support the handover programme
- To be able to work effectively within extremely tight deadlines.
- To be able to effectively manage large volumes of information within tight timescales, understand where there are gaps in information and communicate these to the project.
- To communicate and report progress in a concise, timely and accurate manner, keeping senior management well informed.
- To be tenacious but with a flexible approach when necessary
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Manage the successful Assurance of £14+bn of new railway assets and systems
- Management and control including assessment of the programme impact of phased deliverables and provision of advice to senior management relating to prioritisation and mitigation activities
RFL internal interfaces include:
- Heads of IM Maintenance and IM Operations
- Head of Health & Safety
- Head of Business Management and Operations Programme Manager
- Rail for London Systems Information Team (RCSIP)
- Technical Assurance Team
- Testing, Commissioning and Handover Teams
- Handover Team
- MTRC Handover lead
- Considerable experience in project engineering in conjunction with an Engineering Degree and/or Higher National qualifications will be required.
- A self-starter, who has in depth knowledge of matching project deliverables to identified requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of Railway Systems, extensive knowledge of engineering standards and operational processes in a railway environment.
- Experience of risk-based decision making
- Experience of working with Railway and other Regulators
- Excellent communicator; verbal, written, meetings & presentations Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally Organised, disciplined and task focused
- Ability to plan, implement and manage responsibilities to deliver to time and quality.
- Able to articulate tasks, set priorities and motivate teams
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders and deal with competing interests in an inclusive and pragmatic manner
- Project management ability including knowledge of schedule management, risk/issue management, approvals & acceptance, quality, safety matters, programme, dashboards.