£0.01 - £1.01 per day + negotiable day rate inside of IR35
8 months ago
3 months ++
The Business Resilience & Security Manager coordinates all Business Resilience activities; Central and Programme Emergency Planning & Response; and Security oversight & assurance, and works for this Rail Project to ensure the smooth transition of Business Resilience at transfer of the railway assets.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Employer in relation to the following:
- Own and manage the Business Resilience lifecycle processes across the Project Programme, aligning and interfacing with all stakeholder processes to ensure the smooth transition of Business Resilience at transfer of the railway assets to the IM.
- Manage, maintain, deliver, review and periodically test the Business Resilience Plan and associated processes, aligning and working with stakeholders.
- Assist Departmental Heads and others in the design and implementation of Business Recovery Planning
- Co-ordinate the initial and ongoing training of clients personnel in the understanding and implementation of Business Resilience and Emergency Response plan(s), including 'Duty-on-Call' and Gold Response Team mobilisation and facilitation.
- Ensure recovery solutions are implemented and fit for purpose to meet the recovery requirements of the clients critical business processes, recovery sites and IT solutions, with reference to engaging with clients Business Continuity.
- Act as point of contact with Emergency Services Group, and other 'Blue Light' interfaces.
- Maintain the security of the programme, maintain the confidence of clients partners and stakeholders regarding security and ensure that security related risks are managed and understood
- Coordinate the security activities of main contractors and where appropriate suggest strategies to the Employer in order to achieve practical security solutions
- Effectively communicate recommended courses of action for innovative, business- oriented responses.
- Understand and respond to the changing security threats throughout the lifetime of the programme.
- Develop and implement security assurance programme to ensure that clients Partners are delivering their responsibilities as required by the Security Requirements.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures always.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put clients information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
- Multiple interfaces with clients Senior Management, Staff Partners, Emergency Services, Local & National Governmental agencies and departments.
- Supporting the Employer ensuring that emergency response is robust and fit for purpose.
- Supporting the Employer in working with delivery teams to maintain a common approach to business resilience and security issues.
- Supporting the Employer in balancing a variety of priorities to ensure timely delivery in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Supporting the Employer in developing a collaborative approach to encourage improvements in performance.
- Supporting the Employer in developing and leading a positive culture across the Programme.
- Working with stakeholders to maintain collaborative approach to business resilience and security matters, particularly with the IMs.
- Manage embedded teams with challenging priorities.
- Generating and maintaining a 'team' spirit across a wide geographic and multisite area.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Maintain a good working relationship with managers within the Technical, Delivery and Health and Safety functions.
- To maintain good working relationships with Government Agencies (UK Border Agency, Metropolitan Police, British Transport Police, London Fire Brigade and London Ambulance Service)
- Willingness to undergo security vetting to 'SC' level if necessary.
5. Person Specification
- Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Have worked in a similar role at senior level in the construction industry
- Strategic orientation with ability to act tactically, as required
- Highly skilled in succeeding in a matrix-management environment
- Good understanding of ISO 22301 or similar Business Resilience Management Standards