Birmingham, West Midlands
£450 - £500 per day + Inside IR35
2 months ago
Working on one of the UK's most high profile infrastructure schemes, we are currently looking for a CAD Interface Specialist on an initial 6 month contract who ideally has knowledge of Bentley itwin (or similar applications) to take a lead on the definition and management of the CAD Collaboration Platform, which forms a key component part of the projects Common Data Environment (CDE), in-line with the Digital Engineering Strategy.
Additional responsibilities will be to engage with strategic partners, software vendors and the wider supply chain to ensure that CAD collaboration solutions are fit for purpose to meet specific project requirements.
- Lead and manage the CAD Collaboration Platform, its integration with other CDE platforms and work with software providers and suppliers to ensure that CAD solutions and applications are fit for purpose
- Manage the data associated with the CAD Collaboration Platform
- Using the platforms insights, produce and manage the templates, and provide regular reports of data.
- Support the resolution of technology issues arising in delivery and operation of the CAD Collaboration Platform, responding to downtimes and platform issues
- Continually improve the platform based upon user feedback and recommendations.
- Work as part of a team to undertake development, testing and implementation of various CAD applications to meet specific project requirements
- Understand and manage system quality with regards to simplicity, usability, availability, security and fraud avoidance
- Support the development of Proof of Concepts, Write specifications, processes and procedures, user guides and documentation within the CAD function
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies, train and upskill staff and the supply chain as required
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- CAD/BIM Data Management
- BIM process and analysis and improvement
- Data Assurance (Process)
- Data Interoperability
- Data Analytics
- Data Integration
- System Management
- Knowledge of Data management practices and governance approaches
- Knowledge of current BIM standards and codes of practice
- Knowledge of Data Quality practices and governance approaches;
- Knowledge of System Management, including user management, permissions and control
- Knowledge of common Data Interoperability and Data Transformation challenges
- Knowledge of data production in the supply chain and information exchange methods and software platforms.
Type of Experience
- Experience of CAD authoring tools, systems and related processes and as a power user, managing large volumes of data.
- Experience of BIM and CAD Data Management and Coordination on large scale, complex, multi supplier projects
- Experience within the rail sector, due to the nature of interfacing and understanding required with incoming delivery
- Experience of developing CAD Specification and Standards
- Experience of CAD Cloud based collaboration platforms.
- Experience of the challenges associated with Information Data Exchanges with a large supply chain
- Experience of working directly with business stakeholders to gather requirements and support users