Up to £0.00 per annum
6 days ago
There is a requirement for a Chief of Staff to join the Crossrail project on a Fixed-term Contract for 2 years in Stratford, London.
- This is a broad ranging role which will ensure the efficient management of the Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Chief Executive's Office and will provide wide-ranging support to them.
- This role will also oversee and manage business with Crossrail sponsors, through direct support to the CEO, Chairman and Deputy Chairman, coordination of working-level interactions with sponsors, and liaison with the Crossrail executive team and others. It will ensure that a joined-up approach is taken to sponsor relations across Crossrail.
- Support the CEO, Chairman and Deputy Chairman in dealings with sponsors and others as required, and through undertaking other tasks on their behalf, such as providing analysis, briefings, representation at meetings etc.
- Manage the relationship with Joint Sponsor Team (JST) and Project Representative (PRep), enabling them to manage Sponsor demands and expectations as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Maintain an overview of the wider political environment affecting the project, and in particular Sponsors, and the differing interests of Sponsors and other partners.
- Work with the CEO, Chairman and Deputy Chairman to agree the narrative/strategy for reestablishment of Crossrail's relationships and work with the Communications Director to execute the plan.
- Anticipate and manage the submission of papers to the Sponsor Board, acting as internal client for the preparation of Sponsor Board papers where appropriate, to ensure that all necessary sponsor approvals are in place when needed, in compliance with Project Delivery Agreement obligations, and that appropriate records are kept.
- Co-ordinate key governance meetings involving sponsors, including key issues and actions, as required.
- Manage a team to support delivery of these requirements including advisorial support to Chairman and Deputy Chairman and CEO offices.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of working in a major project environment with Senior Managers, including experience in transport or a public service environment.
- Qualified to degree level or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to understand a very broad range of strategic management issues across the entire organisation and to respond to issues very quickly and effectively.
- Experience of governance arrangements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and influence, the ability to be assertive without causing unnecessary conflict, and to interact and communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong project management skills, able to multitask and manage conflicting priorities, used to working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Highly driven individual with strong organisation skills and the ability to achieve results through strong influencing skills.
- Highly developed commercial and political sensitivities.