Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
A Cloud Services Specialist is required on a contract basis on the Crossrail project for at least a year. Crossrail is the mammoth cross-London £14.8 billion project that is changing travel capacity across the South-East.
- To perform a mixture of project work and support activities supporting Crossrail's Microsoft Azure Cloud environment.
- The role includes but is not limited to the design and building of Azure services to meet Crossrail's business needs, proactive monitoring of our entire Azure environment and supporting this going forward.
- Configuring, maintaining and monitoring the IaaS resources. This will include but not be limited to the following Azure resources:
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Azure Active Directory
- Resource Groups
- Storage Accounts
- Virtual Networks
- Security Centre
- Designing the Crossrail Ltd IaaS Azure environment and ensuring that the documentation is up to date and to a sufficient standard for other team members to use
- Providing and maintaining the Azure remote site Windows build for all Crossrail remote sites and associated design documentation
- Providing support for Crossrail employees and associated contractors using Crossrail Ltd IaaS Azure resources
- Providing support for remote site Crossrail employees and associated contractors using Crossrail Ltd infrastructure.
- Managing the costs of the Azure infrastructure
Skills & Experience:
- Experience using Microsoft Cloud technologies in the IaaS, PaaS & SaaS arenas
- Azure resources identified above
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Windows 7/10
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- Networking and security fundamentals
- Securing Cloud Services
- Produce documentation to a high standard and must be pro-active in knowledge transfer to other team members
- Capacity planning
- Azure billing and cost management