almost 3 years ago
- Purpose of the Job
To support the cost and commercial management oversight of the remaining Network Rail works to support the staged opening of the Elizabeth line
- Principal Accountabilities
- Support the final account process required under the Protocol to determine those Network Rail On-Network works that will be added to the Regulatory Asset Base (RAB).
- Assist in the close-out and final account of remaining cash-funded agreements.
- Provide cost and commercial oversight of the Control Period 6 (CP6) Client On-Network Works
- Undertake regular cost and commercial reviews of Network Rail's cost and contract performance.
- Provide cost and commercial reporting to Client and Sponsors
- Undertake cost and risk analysis to help identify and mitigate key cost and commercial risks related to the remaining Client On-Network works.
- Provide pro-active cost and commercial support to the Stage Delivery Managers (for Stages 2B, Stage 4, and Stage 5a & Stage 5b) as part of a matrix support team structure.
- Assisting in the undertaking of 'deep-dive' reviews as part of Client's cost and commercial assurance of Network Rail's On-Network Works.
- Support with the management and close-out of those third-party agreements aligned to the Staged Integration & NR Surface Works.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk
- Main challenges of the job
- Ensuring timely and accurate provision of cost and commercial information from Network Rail.
- Deciphering, understanding and drawing conclusions from complex cost and commercial information.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reporting to Manager of Programme Control & Functions
- Working closely with other members of the Staged Integration & NR Surface team
- Working closely with the Client Management Team and delivery teams where appropriate
- Interaction with the Project Representative (PRep) and Joint Sponsor Team.
- Person Specification
- Degree educated (preferably engineering/business related subject).
- Experience of commercial management within a complex multi-disciplinary project/programme.
- Rail experience essential (preferably within or working with Network Rail).
- Good understanding of cost management and earned value management.
- Good construction contract knowledge (preferably experience in Network Rail RT form).
- Experience of working within regulated funding arrangements (desirable).
- Risk management experience (desirable).