about 1 month ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Project Commercial Manager to deliver the commercial management of the project including but not limited to, monitoring of procurement, cost, finance, risk management, compliance with contractual terms, cost verification, project staffing registers / forecasts and the timely resolution of contract change.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Be aware of the Corporate Governance policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
* Undertake commercial management activities principally in the areas of cost management, risk and contract administration.
* Implement the Project Control systems including cost, and risk in accordance with project procedures.
* Identify opportunities for cost reduction
* Implementing appropriate mechanisms and procedures to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions and to check the timely resolution of contract change.
* Produce reports and contribute to reviews and analysis of the cost and risk position.
* Providing project specific cost, schedule and risk data to the Project Commercial Manager to support the overall programme reporting of schedule, scope, risk and change.
* Implement the trend process for the control of project change.
* Draft IA papers as directed by the Project Commercial Manager.
* Undertaking specific tasks as requested by the Project Commercial Manager.
* Deputise for the Project Commercial Manager as required.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Act as a role model for the comanies vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
* Maintaining constructive relationships with colleagues and contractors, in a fast moving, dynamic and demanding environment.
* Maintaining commercial integrity and professional standards during the completion and closure of the Contracts.
* Delivering quality work to tight deadlines.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships:
* Reports to the Project Commercial Manager
* Is accountable to the Project Manager.
* Works with Finance and Project Controls functions to provide data as required.
* Interfaces with the Contractor's commercial and delivery teams.
5. Person Specification
* Degree in Engineering, Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, or Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of quantity surveying, home office and site procedures and documents relating to a large scale, multi- discipline construction project.
* Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
* Some experience of dealing with large civil works and / or M&E packages as needed.