16 days ago
The Commercial Procurement Manager is responsible for supporting all stakeholders with external contractual commitments. You will identify high value for money savings or income opportunities through:
- Timely and accurate management information;
- Planning, building and maintaining pre-defined stakeholder profiles and reviewing and supporting specifications;
- Operating compliant process across 3-12month horizon and;
- Bridging self-skills and development gaps.
- Commissioning process of Grants received and the authorisation process of Grants to be let
- Procurement Activity
The Commercial Procurement Manager will provide professional, qualified procurement expertise, advice and services ensuring that the business and procurement needs are met through the procurement of goods, services and works whilst ensuring efficiencies and value for money and contributing to the the business aims and objectives. The role will also promote and engage in collaboration and information sharing with all relevant parties.
- Conduct market analysis and engage in initial market dialogue, where appropriate;
- Develop cost models for input into any bids or sales contract proposals.
- Productively challenge end users' requirements for cost-effectiveness and need, taking account of whole life costs;
- Identify and engage other subject matter experts as required for Procurement activity (e.g. end user, legal, finance etc.);
- Review and advise the end user on an appropriate output-based specification which is fashioned to attract market interest and stimulate competition;
- Publicise procurement contact points and making available as much information as suppliers reasonably need to respond to the bidding process;
- Understand and comply with relevant legal obligations relating to the goods, services or works to be purchased, e.g. environmental/health and safety legislation;
- Ensure that procurement decisions take account of wider policy requirements and aligned against organisational objectives;
- Conduct any procurement clarification required during the tender process
- Finalise the contractual agreement and formal contract documentation;
- Establishing a clear audit trail (including recording the contract on the organisation's contract register);
- Notify the outcome of bids promptly and, within the bounds of confidentiality, debriefing winners and losers on the outcome of the bidding process to facilitate better performance on future occasions;
- Ensure that robust contract and supplier management arrangements are in place, in order to support periodic contract reviews and supplier management as appropriate;
- Negotiate, deliver and communicate contract and framework agreements which deliver efficiencies in line with financial reporting and forecasting systems.; and
- Support contract reviews and lead negotiations during the contract term to ensure continued fitness for purpose with respect to scope, budget and performance change, risk and be responsible, day to day, for the development, negotiation and agreement of contract change requests;
To support the management of contractual risk and ensure high stakeholder satisfaction whilst supporting internal stakeholders with the delivery of strategic commercial projects from concept through specification, proposal, contract and delivery.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on all arising commercial activities including (but not exclusively):
- Sales orders
- Commercial projects
- Contractual queries and issues
- Clearly identify any emerging contractual risk on each project through effective commercial dashboard information and close collaboration with other relevant heads of department.
- Work with BD to establish, develop and maintain accurate and up to date cost analysis information;
- Provide contractual advice to operational colleagues during the sales order or bidding process;
- In collaboration with BD, draft customer quotations and/or proposals using input from operational delivery teams and submit to the Head of BD for review and approval prior to issue;
- Help support the development of commercial knowledge and awareness of colleagues in non-commercial roles;
- Working with the BD team, identify and support implementation of improvements to commercial review procedures;
- Complete monthly review of contract results and performance in conjunction with the BD team;
- Ensure full compliance with Company commercial procedures and corporate governance requirements.
- Commissioning of Research & Development
- Manage the grant process to ensure timely delivery and performance;
- Manage the governance process for each grant opportunity; and
- Complete the financial due diligence for each grant and competition received.
- Resolve contractual and commercial problems, escalating them to the Head of Procurement and Commercial or Head of Business Development as appropriate
- Ensure the continuous review and improvement of procurement and commercial activity to ensure it is fit for purpose and aligned to business requirements.
- Deputise for immediate manager when required.
- Ensure management information is accurate and reviewed periodically
- Qualified or working towards MCIPS professional qualification or equivalent.