about 1 month ago
Enable delivery of the Crossrail Programme by coordinating and overseeing activities between the delivery and other directorates to fulfil the requirements for testing and commissioning of the Crossrail stations, shafts and portals for the Central Section. Through the appropriate use of monitoring and reporting processes, checking that testing and commissioning activities for stations are managed in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner within the parameters of the contracts; supporting the Business in defining strategy for the execution of works within the directorates and checking that resources are engaged in a timely manner to assist Crossrail in delivering the works. The Commissioning Coordinator - Stations roles will be focussed on each station under scenario test to ensure that critical testing milestones are hit to maintain the BIU master plan programme.
Support the Business in relation to the following:
- Commissioning Co-ordinator - Stations roles will be required to coordinate the activities of various contracts and teams to ensure that scenario testing under Plateau 2 hits all its required milestones in support of the overall BIU Master Plan activity.
- Developing and maintaining key strategies for Testing and Commissioning of Stations, Shafts and Portals and ensuring logistics in terms of staff and materials are efficiently planned at each station to ensure all tests required before BIU are undertaken.
- Establishing the programmes for testing of integration scenarios and managing their delivery at each station.
- Co-ordinating with station teams and route way teams to ensure that Plateau 2 scenario and dry run BIU integration tests are undertaken to test the robustness of station systems prior to formal BIU.
- Providing a source of expertise of stations commissioning for escalation of issues relating to testing and commissioning of stations.
- Establishing intervention teams to support stations in the final phases of commissioning and in stances where a project is struggling with progress in testing and commissioning.
- Assisting in coordination of relationship management between the technical and delivery directorates, Crossrail operations and maintenance, the infrastructure managers, Network Rail, MTR-C and other stakeholders involved in stations testing and commissioning activities.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Delivery of the station's integration testing and commissioning programmes for Stage 3 (Central Operating Section stations).
- Providing guidance to project teams on how to approach the testing and commissioning phase of the works.
- Supporting the Business in relation to coordinating the interfaces between delivery directorates and teams in testing and commissioning activity.
- Supporting the Business in relation to developing, managing and maintaining relationships and interfaces with key stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the management of commissioning of underground stations,
- Ability to effectively organize and staff a project team in a matrix organization.
- Working knowledge of standard infrastructure project management tools, techniques and procedures including: Project Controls, Financial management, Automation, including standard office tools, Records management, Root Cause Analysis
- Knowledge and experience in Project Execution Plan development and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including: Change control and documentation management, Cost trend program and its linkage to change control,
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management, Design Assurance and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.