East London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
9 days ago
There is a requirement for x6 Communications Engineers (x2 SCADA, x2 Radio, x2 Radio Systems) on the Crossrail project for at least a year on a contract-basis in East London.
- Undertake technical client and assurance role in designated technical areas (refer Section 5) in relation to delivery of Communications and Control Systems (C&C Systems) by Crossrail Systemwide Delivery team and its contractors.
- Review and accept selected design and testing & commissioning deliverables produced by C&C Systems contractor and other relevant parties (principal review criteria being compliance with: prescribed standards; operations & maintenance concepts; technical requirements)
- Witness testing & commissioning activities, including attendance at FATs and SATs; produce observation / verification activity reports to help build the assurance case for acceptance
- Support Systemwide Delivery team in resolving technical issues as they arise on site
- Assess assurance evidence produced by C&C Systems contractor and other relevant parties in areas including requirements compliance, interface management, verification and validation, RAMS and EMC
- Investigate technical issues, produce technical reports and prepare contractor communications as required
- Liaise with Crossrail infrastructure managers to facilitate acceptance of delivered systems
- Resolve detailed requirements issues relating to third party interfaces to C&C Systems
- Provide technical support as directed within the Crossrail teams.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Specific technical knowledge of some or all of: CCTV, Driver Only Operation CCTV, PA/VA systems, Customer Information Systems and their application on railways/railway stations (for Stations Systems role) OR SCADA (for SCADA role) OR radio systems engineering in a railway environment e.g. GSM-R, Airwave, LFEPA Ch 5, public cellular, LU Connect.
- General knowledge of communications systems and their application on railways
- Tertiary level academic qualification in communications engineering or allied discipline
- Communications project engineering experience (>5 years) gained in a major rail projects environment; including experience of design, construction and testing & commissioning phases
- Knowledge and experience of application of systems engineering and technical assurance methods and practices