about 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To support a service to effectively manage and deliver timely, accurate information (documents, data & models) and support the Employer by providing functional guidance and oversight on technical and quality aspects of information management
- Providing first line user support including responding to CAT (Construction Automation Tool) queries, issues and training (second line support where super users are active).
- System, user and data administration of CAT solutions
- Providing guidance to the project teams on the implementation and best practice for CAT implementation and management.
- Acting as the single point of contact with the software vendor or developer and liaising with IT.
- Developing roll out plans and documentation to support Construction applications.
- Co-ordinating with IT support group to resolve technical issues
- Extracting and managing data on relevant research from electronic databases using search engines, query tools and other more traditional approaches;
- designing, or helping others to design, constructing and maintaining databases, and analysis techniques and tools
- Producing and maintaining procedures relating to the use of the CAT, train and monitor super users and users in the on-site use of the CAT. Collating and reviewing user feedback for use in improvements to the CAT.
- Providing ad hoc and planned user information updates as necessary, co-ordinating the implementation of software changes via the IT change control process.
- Producing and maintaining reporting of CAT data as required
- Promoting the CAT and communicating and developing relationships across the Crossrail integrated Team/Contractors/Third Parties
- providing advice to other team members
- producing technical reports and briefings
- contributing to the design of databases
- Preparing and delivering briefing and training sessions for other staff
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with the Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Employer in compliance with their information system strategy
- Supporting the Employer by providing technical guidance to site team
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience in information or document management of construction quality systems and processes
- Prior experience supervising and leading teams.