West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
A Construction Lawyer is required for at least a year on contract basis to work on a major infrastructure project which will enhancing the interconnection capacity between Great Britain and France. You will be based in Paddington, London however occasional travel should be expected.
- Legal advice and support in relation to the construction contracts, including notices and instructions, applications, invoicing and payment, variations and changes, disputes and claims, delays, extensions of time, intellectual property rights, termination, progress monitoring and financial reviews, liabilities, insurance, HSE related matters, confidentiality, etc.
- Interface with the Concessionaire under Client's access arrangements.
- Support in relation to the Grid Connection / Operating Protocol Agreements within the framework of various project stakeholders.
- Support in relation to property instruments and land access arrangements for the Convertor Station sites and AC land cable route (including permitting and planning permissions).
- Facilitating the construction interface with the commercial director in relation to Client's off-taker arrangements and with the head of finance in relation to Client's financing arrangements.
- General advice and input in developing operational phase agreements and capabilities.
Skills & Experience required:
- Relevant experience is required in contract drafting and management, claims management, dispute resolution or litigation and HSE related matters.
- French speaking ability for this role would be advantageous.
- Ideally you will come from a private practice or a leading multi-national engineering or construction supplier, with 2-4 years PQE.
- Experience in land and infrastructure corridor work is advantageous.
- Good knowledge or industry exposure to technical systems, solutions and services for the transmission and distribution of electrical power is beneficial but not essential.
My client is willing work with the right candidate in determining the core hours to suit both parties - some travel is required between the sites in London and Folkestone and occasional day or overnight travel within Europe is anticipated, with advance notification of the business need.