Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
over 3 years ago
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for managing the Systemwide Contractor's performance with regard to progress, cost and health & safety at the contract level. Managing all construction and testing within area of responsibility, supported by site teams at each geographic location or system based area of responsibility.
- Managing the Construction and Testing.
- Managing contract interfaces on site and coordination across contracts with other Construction Managers.
- Keeping the Project Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
- Supporting the PM in the review and acceptance of the programme, and the review of payment applications.
- Developing relations with local community with support from stakeholder liaison office.
- Supervising & leading Site Engineers, including reviewing their daily and weekly reports.
- Maintaining contract performance against project milestones, KPIs, programme, budget and other established metrics.
- Managing the Contract through Construction, Testing, Commissioning, and Handover.
- Provide input into constructability.
- Assisting the Supervisor Representative (PFE) in ensuring Contractor compliance with their Quality Plan.
- Leads the reviews and acceptance of selected contractor submittals.
- Assisting the Supervisor Representative (PFE) in the management of NCRs and Snag List items.
- Review and acceptance of the Contractor Commitments Compliance Plan in conjunction with the sustainability and consents team.
- Complying with the management arrangements for CDM, within their area of responsibility.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Responsible for putting in place systems and procedures that will ensure railway engineering works are delivered in accordance with the Technical Assurance Plan, and Systems Integration Management Plans.
- Manage works that have complex interfaces between sub-systems, and with the civil station and Systemwide contracts, which require effective interface management during implementation, testing and commissioning phases.
- To support compliant handover of the completed works to railway infrastructure operators.
- To ensure contractor compliance with safe methods of railway working, throughout project execution.
- To ensure the internal interfaces between contractors and the external relationships with Network Rail, London Underground and other project partners is managed in such a way as to ensure timely and safe completion of the programme.
- To ensure the contractor complies with their own quality systems.
- To work with the Project Manager and Project Construction Manager to build effective working relationships at the appropriate level within the contractor's team.
- Management of installation across multiple principle contractors green field sites and work on operational Network Rail Infrastructure.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to Project Manager.
- Works closely with Project Field Engineer and Contractors' representatives.
- Relevant Engineering qualification, Civil, mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of work on a major railway signalling project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes in a relevant context
- Knowledge of project controls processes
- Leadership experience of site-based and railway ES&H processes and procedures
- Experience managing construction contracts.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Construction regulatory standards (CDM) experience and relevant experience in Construction Planning & Scheduling
- Professional qualifications in Engineering;
- Construction experience in multidiscipline railway projects;
- Experience in managing or supervising signalling projects and;
- 10 years' experience in Network Rail installation, construction and test standards and procedures for signalling.