West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Pending notice to proceed.
There is a requirement for a Construction Manager on the Crossrail project in Paddington on a contract-basis.
- Assigned to a field construction organization in a managerial capacity, the Manager will be responsible for the organization/direction of construction and related activities and will be the primary client contact for all project field activities.
- The Manager will oversee all jobsite activities and ensure construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
- Coordinates all jobsite activities including actions of contractor, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives.
- Responsible for total site management including supervision of construction craft personnel, field engineering, contract administration, cost and schedule, field procurement, finance and accounting services, and craft resource personnel as applicable. Responsible for ensuring development and execution of Project Automation Plan, Environmental Compliance Plan, safety plan, site survey plan, non-manual staffing plan, subcontracting plan, labor strategy, Construction Execution Plan, and job-site work rules.
- Controls jobsite expenditures for labor equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within the budget.
- Maintains client relationship and is the primary contact for client's communication with the field activities.
- Maintains an effective relation with other functional departments.
- Develops, implements and administers a jobsite security plan and coordinates the activities with corporate security department.
- Coordinates all jobsite contractual activities.
- Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Directs the overall project safety programs and ensures strict adherence to local and national regulatory safety codes.
- Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision making in the execution of duties.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BSc or MSc degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry and the design, development and assurance processes
- Proven relevant engineering experience in a railway environment. A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting railway systems and in particular thekey interfaces and integrations of these systems during the design, construction, test / commissioning and operation stages of a railway
- Extensive technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and materials and applications of computers 2-D and 3-D computer aided design (CAD) and computer aided engineering (CAE) to engineering problems.
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management.Thorough knowledge of the project Quality Policies.
- Thorough knowledge of the project Labor Management Plan.
- Thorough knowledge of the Six Sigma Program tools and methodologies.
- Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship
- Professional (Chartered) engineering registration preferred