East London, London
almost 2 years ago
There is an opportunity for a Contract Administrator to work on the Crossrail project on a contract basis.
- Responsible for assisting the Commercial Manager in relation to the development and implementation of a Contract Management Program for the project consistent with Crossrail's Contract Management Policies and Work Processes, Procedures and Systems.
- Performing duties allocated by the Commercial Manager for the successful commercial management of the project's goals and objectives.
- Working closely with the Contractor as part of the Subcontract Contract Administration Review (SCACR) Process. Review draft final account submissions and work with the Contractor to settle accounts in accordance with Subcontract terms and conditions, in a timely manner, with appropriate substantiation for audit trail and value for money purposes.
- Deputising for the Commercial Manager when requested and performing duties allocated by the Commercial Manager for the successful commercial management of the project to meet goals and objectives. This will include overall responsibility for ensuring communications are responded to within contractual timescales and review of communications drafted by others.
- Managing the Early Warning Notice and Risk Reduction process to ensure actions are closed out by the PM and Contractor teams in a timely manner in order to mitigate/avoid cost and time implications.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, knowledge of contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- A member of the RICS (or equivalent professional body)
- Knowledge and experience working on NEC forms of contract.