over 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for assisting the Commercial Manager in relation to the development and implementation of a Contract Management Program for the project consistent with Contract Management Policies and Work Processes, Procedures and Systems. Performing duties allocated by the Commercial Manager for the successful commercial management of the project's goals and objectives.
- Working closely with the Contractor as part of the Subcontract Contract Administration Review (SCACR) Process. Review draft final account submissions and work with the Contractor to settle accounts in accordance with Subcontract terms and conditions, in a timely manner, with appropriate substantiation for audit trail and value for money purposes.
- Ensure that commercial and contractual issues are dealt within the Project at the lowest level cognisant with the delegated authorities
- Deputising for the Commercial Manager when requested and performing duties allocated by the Commercial Manager for the successful commercial management of the project to meet goals and objectives. This will include overall responsibility for ensuring communications are responded to within contractual timescales and review of communications drafted by others.
- Managing the Early Warning Notice and Risk Reduction process to ensure actions are closed out by the PM and Contractor teams in a timely manner in order to mitigate/avoid cost and time implications.
- Administer the project's contracts in line with the terms and conditions of each contract.
- Highlight areas of risk, such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work, as work proceeds make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks. This will include liaising with the PM team and drafting of Project Manager Communications and Early Warning Notices so that the Employer / PM position is protected and recorded via the contract.
- Monitor Contractors commercial contractual performance and supporting Commercial Manager in remedial actions.
- Monitoring the Contractor's performance against the Works Information generally and Works Information Volume 2B Part 14 in particular, recommend corrective actions as appropriate. Collaboratively work with the Contractor to improve performance and ensure that deliverables meet the requirements of the Work Information e.g. Procurement Schedule.
- Facilitate collaborative quotation review workshops including commercial/engineering teams.
- Assess, negotiate and agree quotations so that the cost impact is compensated in accordance with the relevant contract. Produce draft Project Manager's Assessments of change which explain variances to issued quotations and present to the PM/Project Business Manager.
- Developing and managing appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions. Implement pre existing mechanisms.
- Working with the other project team members to check that actions or inactions which could result in compensation events are identified and suggesting possible ways of resolving the situation.
- Developing and managing a procedure to recognise and identify contract disputes as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Identify potential cost over-runs as soon as possible.
- Maintaining a working relationship with 's Construction, Engineering, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organisational interfaces between those performing administration of the contract.
- Checking that the project adheres to contract insurance provisions and that any requirements in this regard are implemented.
- Checking that the contractors' subcontractor proposals are undertaken in accordance with the contract with particular reference to warranties and bonds. Draft communications accepting or rejecting subcontractors following requests for PM acceptance.
- Checking that contemporaneous records are kept. Ensure correspondence, instructions, and communications are drafted in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and issued in accordance with the period of reply.
- Checking that records and data are kept up to date on the appropriate systems and trackers.
- Providing contract administration advice to the Commercial Manager and PM team.
- Where required, work closely with engineers and cost engineer in order to assess the impact of changes/compensation events (trending process) prior to the PM committing to additional expenditure under the contract.
- Reviewing subcontract documentation including terms and conditions produced by others. Highlight areas of risk; such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, knowledge of contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- A member of the RICS (or equivalent professional body)
- Knowledge and experience working on NEC forms of contract.