Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
over 2 years ago
There is a requirement for Contracts Manager on the HS2 Phase 2b project in Birmingham on the 12-month rolling contract for up to £330.00 per day.
- Manage the contractual and commercial relationship with the Phase Two Professional Services Consultants responsible for managing the hybrid Bill phase of the project to achieve Royal Assent and the subsequent handover to the delivery phase. Responsible for ensuring an integrated approach between PSCs and the Integrated Development Team.
- Ensure all contracts are contractually and commercially managed as required, including responsibility for ensuring all contractual timescales are adhered to.
- Manage and monitor the contract deliverables received from the consultant and ensure they are communicated to the appropriate responsible and accountable owners to ensure HS2 meets the contractual timescales.
- Manage and monitor the contract deliverables to be provided by HS2 to the consultant and ensure all such deliverables and associated communications to the consultant are completed in a timely manner to ensure HS2 Ltd meets its contractual obligations.
- Lead and manage the day to day commercial relationship with the PSCs including ensuring a collaborative and integrative approach is being taken with all PSCs and across all disciplines.
- Take the lead for effective cost control, maintaining close liaison with functional managers for Project Controls, Change Management, Planning, Risk Management, Finance and Procurement.
- Ensure that periodic reporting and cost data are accurately managed for the Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP) and the Estimate to Complete (ETC) and any variances against budget are explained in commercial reports.
- Lead and proactively manage change instructions, including managing the progress of change requests through the HS2 governance structure and in association with other HS2 functions.
- Take the lead in the assessment of quotations and assessments by others in connection with Compensation Events.
- Provide an early warning system for commercial and financial implications of potential claims.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of assisting the Employer's Representative under the NEC3 form of contract and application of core processes relating to risk management;
- Experience of contract management of technical services contracts using the NEC3 form of contract.