Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
There is a requirement for a Contracts Manager on the Crossrail project on a long-term contract in Stratford, London.
- To oversee that all stations, shafts and portals (SS&P) sector NEC contracts entered into by CRL are administered in accordance with the terms of those contracts and in a manner that is consistent with CRL policy and governance arrangements.
- To manage project reserved functions under the CRL NEC contracts. Ensure as far as possible that commercial risk is properly considered and managed by CRL through its contract arrangements.
- To provide commercial/contractual support and advice to station Project Managers and Teams.
- To manage the consolidated cost forecasts for all NEC contracts for the Sector.
- Lead the integration of cost and commercial data and tools to the benefit of the Sector performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance on contract administration matters to Project Mangers, contract level Business/commercial Managers and Contract Administrators.
- Ensure that the station project teams are managing contracts in accordance with CRL policies, precedent and procedure.
- Act as the CRL internal point of contact for the management of contract Disputes for SS&P.
- Provide the Sector and the Programme with support in the performance and risk management of individual contracts and project teams.
- Monitor the timely and appropriate response to commercial documents (EWN, CE's, etc.) and support projects where required in order to meet deadlines;
- Ensure that the existence of commercial documents is being assessed against other Programme documents like Trends, threats, opportunities and duplication of documents is eradicated.
- Lead the assurance of cost forecasts from projects in line with the integrated scope, schedule and cost status
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution e.g. RICS, ICE, CIOB.
- Substantial experience of Contract Commercial Management within the civil engineering and/or rail environment.
- Experience in project cost management and its relationship to scope and schedule
- Experience of large value programmes of civil engineering or rail work.
- Experience of managing and negotiating complex contract claims and Disputes.
- Understanding and a working knowledge of standard construction and infrastructure industry contract types with NEC/ECC experience advantageous.
- Experience of the management of commercial teams.