Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 3 years ago
Our client is currently looking for a cost engineer to support the team that delivers cost estimating processes across their project.
Key job duties:
- Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities, as directed. Supervises cost engineering activities when delegated.
- Reports to and receives technical and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
- Provides technical direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers.
- Assists in preparing cost data for proposals and contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs.
- Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or other specialty, and works with Engineering and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
- Develops quantity takeoffs for a discipline or specialty using defined documents or undefined scope assumptions. Verifies quantities provided by others.
- Develops and applies unit rates (cost and job hours) to quantity takeoffs and to otherwise developed quantities within a discipline or other specialty.
- Prepares specific budgets in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures.
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analysing standards, programs, and reports.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures.
- Independently provides financial reporting and trending, with oversight, for the Project Cost Engineer.
- Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definitions for the cost accounts.
- Investigates the requirements for estimating and/or cost control data for a specific discipline/other speciality application.
- Collects and classifies cost engineering data.
- Performs data analysis and development.
Required skills and abilities
- Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and computer operations, or skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
- Knowledge in capital cost and services estimating.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Client.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialised instruction or practical experience.
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and understanding of Controller instructions, which impact Project Controls (including Project Financial Status Reports and Earned Revenue Determination Data).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction or related field.
- Professional experience in project controls with emphasis on cost and project estimating.